Made possible by the City of Chattanooga, the Family Concert Series brings classic children's books every child should read with classical music every child should hear. Doors will open one hour early for pre-concert activities that includes an instrument petting zoo and interactive, story-related craft making. Each 45-minute show begins with a mini-concert performed by CSO's top musicians and then progresses into a magical storybook performance narrated in English by Read20 and narrated in Spanish by Semillas TN. Combining the music of Holst with the life-sized puppetry of Playful Evolving Monsters, this is an experience not to be missed. At the end of the performance families are welcome to stay for a brief puppet meet and greet. Each family will receive a copy of the book to take home and enjoy again and again.
This performance will be presented in both English and Spanish. Books will be in both English and Spanish.
Performance lasts approximately 45 minutes.
Doors open at 2 PM for Instrument Petting Zoo and Crafts.
CSO will open with a mini-concert:
- ARNOLD – Three Shanties, Mvmt. I (2:40)
- MENKEN (arr. Brown) – Under the Sea from The Little Mermaid (1:30)
- SAENS (arr. Holcombe) – Aquarium from Carnival of the Animals (1:30)
- STRAUSS (arr. Abeling) – Blue Danube Waltz (2:15)
- MIRANDA (arr. Newth) – How Far I’ll Go from Moana (2:15)
- WRIGHT (arr. Hindricks) – Baby Shark (1:30)
- SOUSA (arr. Doughty) – Hands Across the Sea (2:00)
Followed by the story, The Rainbow Fish, read in English and in Spanish, set to the music of Gustav Holst's Jupiter, The Bringer of Jollity from The Planets Suite. (13:00)