“Personal information” is defined as information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number and email address. (Note that these items are listed as examples, and we may collect personal information from you that is not specifically referenced.) Information is obtained from the CSO website, chattanoogasymphony.org, and our donor management system (Patron Manager). The CSO protects the privacy of online users and does not use personal information from visitors to our website unless it is provided voluntarily.
Use/Disclosure of Personal Information
- We only provide lists that we maintain that may include your Personal Information with officially recognized support organizations/performance venues that are associated with authorized, CSO-related activities. Donors may opt out of having their private information shared or made available to other organizations by emailing our Development & Special Events Manager. On rare occasions when outside consultants and vendors have been provided information and reports by the CSO, in connection solely with CSO business, such third parties are not allowed to use the information except for the purpose of that CSO business.
- We will not mail you on behalf of another organization.
- We will collect payment information, addresses and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- The CSO will not disclose personal information unless we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by law, or that there are compelling reasons to release such information to protect the rights and property of the CSO, or in the interest of public safety.
- In the processing of gifts and other transactions online, the CSO has taken measures to ensure the safety and security of information transmitted through its website. Our software encrypts personal information, such as name, address, and credit card number, so that it cannot be read or decoded by others while being transmitted over the Internet.
- Stored credit card information in our donor management system is encrypted upon entry.
- We also protect your information offline. Only CSO employees who need information to perform a specific job (e.g., billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information.
Updates to this Policy
We may update or revise this policy as necessary, and the most recent version will be posted on the CSO’s website. By using the website, you signify your agreement to the terms and conditions of this policy.
Last updated 03/12/2019