For almost nine decades, the CSO has enhanced the vitality and quality of life in the Chattanooga area by positively impacting the community and contributing in a unique way to the city’s growing economy and development. As a premiere regional symphony orchestra in Southeast Tennessee, the CSO’s presence fills a need beyond Hamilton County’s borders by providing significant services ranging from cultural enrichment, music education, and community engagement across a tri-state area.
In a regular season, we bring more than 160 professional musicians into the community. Over 30 of our contract musicians live in the greater Chattanooga region. These artists represent a huge community asset: they teach in area universities, colleges and schools, or in private studios, perform for private events, and have a profound impact on a variety of musical communities outside the CSO.
Through concerts, education programming, community engagement efforts, and more, the CSO is committed to:
- Supporting our musicians, staff, and volunteers
- Making and sharing music through creative channels
- Finding opportunities to serve our community virtually and with small live performances
- Staying connected with donors, patrons, funding partners, and other constituents
- Focusing on our current Strategic Plan to deepen community partnerships, increase our education and engagement initiatives, and present inclusive and accessible programming to the greater Chattanooga area