Congratulations to Matthew Gardner, recipient of the 3rd Annual Kayoko Dan Conducting Scholarship. Mr. Gardner will have the unique opportunity to work directly with the CSO’s Music Director Kayoko Dan during the 2019/20 season.
Each season, one student receives the opportunity study conducting under the direction of CSO Music Director Kayoko Dan.
Scholarship Recipients Receive:
- $500 Scholarship
- Seven lessons with CSO Music Director Dan during the 2020/21 season
- Access to CSO rehearsals conducted by Dan and by other conductors (with their permission)
- One ticket to all Barnett & Company Masterworks and Chamber Series concerts during the 2020/21 season
What you will learn:
- Score studying
- Management and leadership skills
- Rehearsal technique
- Orchestra operations
- Must be a college (undergraduate or graduate) music student in the Chattanooga area
- Proficiency in English
Submissions are currently closed for the Kayoko Dan Conducting Scholarship. We will begin accepting applications for the 2020/21 Season in Spring 2020.
- Due April 1
- Notification by May 1
- Submit the Online Application Form (at the bottom of this page) that includes the following:
- Supporting material
- Link to a conducting video preferred
- If none available, video/audio of a performance on your main instrument is acceptable
- Include the link to a video answering the following questions:
- Introduce yourself: name, college you attend, your major, etc.
- Why do you want this scholarship? How will this scholarship help your career?
- What do you want to learn from this experience?
- Letter of Recommendation (have your reference send it directly to email@example.com)