See the CSO dressed down and up close as it rehearses for an upcoming Barnett & Company Masterworks concert. Attendees may have the opportunity to hear from composers, guest artists, and CSO musicians during rehearsal.
Tickets are on sale now!
- Piazzolla’s Four Seasons of Buenos Aires , 9.25.18, 7:45PM, Tivoli Theatre
- Alan Elkins’ Double Concerto, 1.15.19, 7:45PM, Tivoli Theatre
- Chris Brubeck’s Concerto for Bass Trombone & Orchestra, 3.26.19, 7:45PM, Tivoli Theatre
- George S. Clinton’s The Rose of Sonora: a concerto in five scenes, 4.23.19, 7:45PM, Tivoli Theatre
Attendees may stay until the break (typically around 9pm). Topics and musicians subject to change. Limited to 25.
There may be opportunities for audience members and students to participate in masterclasses and other events with select CSO guest artists throughout the season. Please check this page for more information and dates.
For more information, contact Staci Spring by email or at 423.267.8583 x 2100.
Kayoko Dan Conducting Scholarship
- $500 Scholarship
- Seven lessons with CSO Music Director Dan during the 2018/19 season
- Access to CSO rehearsal conducted by Dan and by other conductors (with their permission)
- One ticket to all Masterworks and Chamber Series concerts during the 2018/19 season
For more information, visit the Kayoko Dan Conducting Scholarship page.
There are a variety of ways to volunteer at the CSO that can fit around your class schedule. The best part? Volunteers are invited to attend the concerts or events they work for free! Listed below are regular opportunities to volunteer with the CSO this season.
Volunteers in the box office provide customer service assistance to the Ticket Sales and Services Manager, including greeting patrons, selling tickets over the phone and in person, and answering phone calls. Good computer and customer service skills are needed and training on our ticketing software will be provided.
Volunteers working with the concert box office will assist the Ticket Sales and Services Manager in selling tickets using our ticketing software, passing out will call tickets, and answering patron questions. The ability to hear in loud settings and ability to stand for up to an hour are needed. Training on frequently asked patron questions will be provided.
Concert greeters provide a first face on concert nights. They are responsible for greeting and welcoming patrons, checking tickets, setting up program tables, and handing out programs. In addition, concert greeters answer basic questions about seating and accessibility. The ability to stand for approximately an hour is needed as is a personable demeanor.
The CSO has exciting education and community engagement plans for the coming season. Opportunities to volunteer here include serving as an usher for our Young People’s Concerts or open rehearsals, setting up and greeting for Spotlight Talks, and other special events. The ability to stand and the ability to greet and answer questions are needed.
Other opportunities to volunteer may arise during the season. Volunteers will be notified of these through email or phone calls.
To volunteer with the CSO either:
- Download the Volunteer application below and return to Staci Spring by email, by fax at 423.265.6520, or by mail at 701 Broad Street; Chattanooga, TN 37402 – or-
- Complete the online form below.